Throughout the fall of 2020, the Town of Wareham, Massachusetts will work closely with national leaders from around the country and interact with subject matter experts. Invited guests will help guide future redevelopment plans for Wareham Village by focusing on incorporating elements of climate resilience, stormwater management, and green infrastructure into design plans that are closely connected to economic development opportunities. Through the exchange, Wareham will also be able to explore innovative and sustainable environmental finance opportunities associated with their redevelopment plans.
Each webinar will have an accompanying Podcast available to hear additional details about invited communities who have a compelling story to share. The webinars will summarize details and recommendations that are the result of earlier held private discussions between Wareham and invited guests. These webinars will be a chance for you to hear about national case studies directly from the leaders who helped make it happen in their community.
Listen to the podcasts on integrated action planning for climate, social and economic resilience:
Municipalities today face several interrelated complex challenges, with climate, social, and economic challenges being especially pressing. As communities seek to increase resilience to these issues, integrating planning for multiple threats is critical for efficiency and effectiveness. Wareham’s goals for redevelopment envision a more environmentally, socially, and economically resilient downtown Wareham Village, which will require a comprehensive financing strategy. This webinar highlights communities that have successfully incentivized multiple forms of investment and have embraced resilience in specific projects, as well as in broader forward-looking planning activities.
- Joanne Throwe, President, Throwe Environmental (SNEP Network Partner)
- Dan Nees, President, Center for Resilience Innovation
- Kyle Gray, Graduate Student, University of Rhode Island
- Kenneth Buckland, Director of Planning and Community Development, Town of Wareham
- Mayor Gavin Buckley, Mayor, City of Annapolis, MD
- Caleb Stratton, Chief Resilience Officer and the Assistant Business Administrator, City of Hoboken, NJ
- Michele Paul, Director of Environmental Stewardship, City of New Bedford, MA